U.S. Visas For Pilots

International Aero Academy Is Authorized Under U.S. Law To Enroll Non-Immigrant Alien Students

International Students Requiring an M-1 Visa

International Aero Academy welcomes international students for enrollment in our accelerated flight training program. The application process for international students requires only a few steps. Students who are legally living in the United States on a valid visa may not need to apply for an M-1 Visa.

Each Type Of Visa Is Different

Some visas allow flight training while in the United States while others require that they get an M1.

People with Green Cards do not need an M-1 Visa. Canadians need an I-20, but do not need an M-1 Visa.

We strongly recommend contacting us so we can help make the visa and application process easier. Each international student is unique. We strive to ensure that all rules are met so you can enroll and obtain your pilot license with complete confidence.

For more information on gaining Transportation Security Administration (TSA) approval, click here.

If you require an M-1 Visa, you must receive clearance from the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) by submitting a SEVP I-20 Application to International Aero Academy. Once you have completed your application our admission staff with work with you to prepare an I-20 form and assist you with the visa interview process. Upon receipt of your I-20 form, make an appointment with your United States Embassy or consulate to obtain your M-1 Visa.

You should apply for your M-1 Visa at least 120 days prior to your program start date. Once you receive the M-1 Visa, you may enter the United States no earlier than 30 days prior to your program start date.

How To Apply As An International Student

International students must complete the following steps to attend International Aero Academy:

1. Fill out an International Aero Academy Student Application, available here and email it to [email protected].

2. Our professional staff will fill out a SEVIS I-20 Application for you and submit it on your behalf (this is for all students requiring an M-1 Visa).

3. Prior to the I-20 Application being processed, we must have received your $1,500 deposit, which includes the $500 International Processing Fee.

4. International students must email copies of their passport and drivers license (if available), date of birth, country of birth, address, phone number, and proof of their ability to pay for their course and room and board. A current copy of a bank statement or a credit card statement showing the availability of funds serves as proof of your ability to pay.

5. Complete an online application for TSA clearance to train in the United States. The TSA’s application can be found at fts.tsa.dhs.gov/home.

6. Complete your I-901C payment online and retain your receipt.

7. Make an appointment with your US Embassy or Consulate to obtain your M-1 Visa. You must bring your original I-20 Application, signed in ink, and your I-901C receipt with you to your appointment at the US Embassy or Consulate.

8. Upon arrival at IAA, we will conduct your government required fingerprinting for the United States TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

We are more than happy to help answer any questions you have regarding applying for flight training. Please contact us with any questions you have.